Thursday 11 December 2008

Bullying at the Jobcentres

Yesterday, I went through a series of events that left me in anger and a state of shock. The long and the short of it is; I was bullied to leave the welfare system. I wonder if this Government has any idea what is happening in their Jobcentres. I'm no longer signing-on for Jobseekers Allowance, but I'm not working yet. I'm sure I represent one of thousands of people who have been forced into this position. I've observed others who are going through the prison system, in a cycle, in order to work the welfare system. For some, it is the only way they can see that they can survive. When you hear the statistics in the media about the number of unemployed, take it with a pinch of salt, because the figures are far from the truth. I'm also seriously concerned that it is driving more people into poverty, the one thing Gordon Brown is trying to halt.

No comments: